People moving from place to place may have a hard time blending or fitting in with other people. If they are just moving into a different town that may be no problem but if they are moving to a different state that is a lot more challenging. The only thing harder than that is moving from a different country. The people’s native country may be a whole lot different than the one they are moving to. A good example of this is people moving from Mexico to America in search of a brighter future.

The people in the book And the Earth Did Not Devour Him move from Mexico to America. They are discriminated and find it very hard to fit in with the people in their communities. It may be hard for other people coming from different backgrounds also not just Hispanics. People move and it happens, it may take time to fit in with the community but you can find people that will help you with your problems. Fitting in is not always good but in most cases it is, and people will influence you.Just remember stay entitled to your beliefs.

CC BY-SA 4.0 And The Earth Did Not Devour Him by Miguel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Foster 9 months ago

I think this is an important piece. It is well written and makes great points. What I like about it is the analysis that you have brought into the point. Good job.

2. Anna Lower 10 months ago

I like this a lot and I think it has a very good message. Immigration is a very large topic today, and is hotly contended. But I believe that there are still good people out there that bring others that aren’t familiar with the area into their embrace. Something very important is to keep he foundation of what you believe, no matter where you go. I agree with you that everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs and should be able to express them.

3. Siena 10 months ago

I agree with Sean. I feel like a lot of the problems with immigrants come from our own discriminations which in turn make them feel separated and unintegrated in our society. You’re a good writer!

4. Sean 10 months ago

I think this is one of the biggest problems when dealing with immigration. Since Immigrants are hard pressed to contribute to a society since they cannot really interact their new society because of a color, language, or culture barrier. For Immigration to work we need to make Immigrants feel valued and offer programs where they can integrate into a new culture and society.