Dear Future President,

First of all, I wanted to congratulate you on becoming the next president, it’s not a very easy thing to do.  I wanted to address some very important issues that we are having in the world right now.  

One important issue I really care about is abortion because I think that technically speaking women can make their own choices, but aborting a child is killing another life and that’s not right. That child will never get the chance to see the world and that’s one less human being in the world.  

I personally don’t agree with abortions and I know many people would agree with me that abortions should not be allowed, and if they are allowed that you have to have a good reason to abort the child. 

I believe there’s never really a good reason to kill another human being in the first place, so I think you should do something about this as soon as you can.  I hope you understand and will take my proposal into consideration.  Thank you for your time Mr/Mrs president.  

Photo by Swaity

CC BY-SA 4.0 We Need Your Help To Keep The Human Race Going! by krivera is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Seth 10 months ago

Abortion is a very important topic and while I respect your opinion, I disagree. I think it is important that we look at the circumstances that would lead a woman to choose to have an abortion. Many pregnancies are terminated because of an inability to fully support that child. The average cost to raise a child to the age of 18 is about $304,480. Should we force a woman to put that financial burden on herself and force that child to live a life of poverty? No, abortion isn’t the most desirable thing in the world but until we fix the underlying cause of abortion, e.g. poverty and poor sexual education, we cannot force these women to either carry the child to term or perform an unsafe “back room” abortion which would increase if abortions at licensed, safe institutions were banned.

krivera 10 months ago

I really do appreciate you taking the time to comment on my post. Next time I write something like this I will try harder to really see both sides of the argument. Once again thank you very much for commenting.

• Jeremi 9 months ago

You can get financial aid to give up the child rather then carry the financial burden

2. Joey 10 months ago

I really like how you get straight to the point with this letter. It’s direct and clear, and I think that is the best way to go when writing a letter like this. I agree with your premise in this letter. I don’t believe that abortion is right in every circumstance, but I do think that it is the woman’s choice. Like Will, I am not a woman, so I will never be able to go through this, but for those who do have to experience this, it is a very hard decision to make. While I may not agree with the choice 100% of the time, it is a woman’s decision, not mine.

3. Will 10 months ago

I like the brevity of this letter, it really gives it a strong message. D you have any other reasons for being pro-life? My personal opinions tend to coincide with yours, but also I am not a woman so I will never be able to experience this. I want to become more educated on the pro-life/pro-choice debate.

krivera 10 months ago

I do have other pro-life opinions and I will try and post more of them if it is something you are interested in them. I appreciate your comment. Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on my post.