Dear Mr/Mrs. President of the United States,

The fact that roughly 3/10 pregnancies end in abortions (source: quote from Senator Wendy Davis, 2016) is staggering, and definitely a fact worth noting. What is something that you will do about this fact? Nobody enjoys abortion, and it is an incredibly dark subject. I humbly request you do something about this. Fifty percent of pregnancies are undesired in general (source: Guttmacher Institute, https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-sheet/unintended-pregnancy-united-states), which definitely is an issue that needs resolution. Perhaps pregnancy prevention has reached its pique, but perhaps not. As POTUS, will you look into this issue? Too many undesired pregnancies occur, and if a way around it could be discovered, that would be optimal.

Returning to the subject of abortion, there is no question that life is life. The mistake of an individual that results in procreating should not lead to the punishment of the unborn. This includes rape or incest: abortion is abortion, and deserves an end to be brought to it. One tends to argue that an unborn child is just a clump of cells to a certain point due to a lack of brain development. However, this would also disqualify microcephalus people as being living due to their nonexistent brain, yet nobody would deny that they’re human (source: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/microcephaly/basics/definition/con-20034823) If the child is undesired, then it may be put up for adoption. That would save a life, and give a light in the world a chance to shine. At the very least, please pass legislation to prevent violent abortions from occurring. Fetuses may be small and underdeveloped, but if you’re going to do something on par with murder (as is evidenced by the legislation in which the murder of a pregnant woman counts as double murder (source: Unborn Victims of Violence Act, 2004)), then it should be in a much more humane manner than that of which doctors currently do: tear the fetus to pieces in a D&E operation (source: http://www.abortionfacts.com/literature/how-are-abortions-done).

Please, Mr. or Mrs. President, look into these issues and find a resolution for them.

A concerned U.S. resident

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Reason for Being Pro-Life by Zachary is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Abinaov 7 months ago

Hi, I was your secret writing pal, Zachary. In your post you say that things along the lines that abortion is bad due to even at an early development, a fetus, which is a clump of cells, is still a life. So how would animals in slaughterhouses be very different? They are also life that is extinguished from the world.

2. Maggie Lewis 12 months ago

Regarding the topic of abortions, I think it’s necessary to regard the issue as something deeply personal and a personal choice. If you were to get pregnant right now, what would you do? Having the right to choose doesn’t always mean that the termination of a pregnancy is going to be chosen, but the right to options is what makes America unique. To make the entire abortion process illegal is actually going to do more harm to women and the fetus within them; for example states such as Alabama with such strict abortion laws have led to a spike in illegal abortions, posing a greater risk to the person under going the procedure. Choice is necessary.