Dear Future President of the United States,

I want to talk about an important issue that I care about, and maybe you can do something about it. I am worried about our environment and I think we need to do something about it.

In the United States today there are many trees and plants that are getting cut down.I think we need to plant more because if we keep cutting down trees, soon all the forests will be gone and animals need the forests. This can also kill them. We also need trees so maybe once we cut down the tree we should plant another one.

Please do something about this it is really important to me.

Photo by maf04

CC BY-SA 4.0 Our Life is at RISK!!! by Jennifer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Karen 2 months ago

Dear Jennifer:
    I am glad to read that there are others who took notice of this problem our world currently has. Your little message to the “future president” made me think about an issue my community has. I live in NYC and of course there has to be some sort of construction project. And many of those times, trees surrounding that area must be cut down. This is just in the city. Going out of the city, apparently there’s a lot of forests for the humans to cut down. Now, with the new president, Donald Trump, I don’t think we would be helping our our planet any time soon.
    It is important that the government notices this problem. We need to be rid of our selfish acts and think of the benefits of the tree. For example as you had mentioned that trees give shelter to animals. Humans aren’t the only organisms living on this Earth for there are others. Every living thing has a reason to live, so why not help out our trees for reforestation. By planting trees after cutting them down, we can balance out the damage through our repairs.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because you have interesting subjects to talk about. If you want to read more about trees visit my website https://deforestationinnyc.home.blog/ I hope that I can look even more into the issue than just glossing over it and constantly asking for others help out on the issue

2. Priscilla 3 years ago

Dear Janeth,

I agree with u that people are chopping down down tree’s for no reason. I will also like it to stop too. I hope I can hear from you again 0-0.

3. Danielle 3 years ago

I agree that action needs to be taken to protect our earth and all that it provides to us. I think this is a very important topic to being up. I hope to hear more from you.

4. Isa 3 years ago

I agree with you. Trees are what give us oxygen and keep us alive! I think every person in the US should plant at least one tree in their lifetime, that would help the growth of trees.