Dear Future President of The United States:

When you are president, please consider a higher minimum wage in Rhode Islan not fair that people in other states get paid 16 dollars an hour when we only get paid 9.60 dollars an hour

And their salary in Rhode Island is 28,032. But one thing that I think is unfair is in Washington the minimum wage is 15 dollars and their salary is 43,800. I think that’s not fair because in other states the minimum wage is lower than 9.60. 

I think everyone’s minimum wage should be 11.50 so that everyone can afford the same things and we all pay the same taxes not higher taxes because you make more than others and they want to raise your taxes higher. 

I think everyone should have the same amount because in other parts of the world some people only get 0.03 as minimum wage per hour. 

Another thing is that a lot of families aren’t able to pay rent or taxes just because of their job.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Is Minimum Wage Fair in the USA? by Hugo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Author
    Hugo 10 months ago

i agree but some of the future presidents are trying to make taxes higher in different ways for all states

2. Emma 10 months ago

I think this is a very strong argument but to make it better maybe elaborate on how this effects you personally or how you have seen it effect others.

3. Dave 10 months ago

Exact minimum wage in the U.S does differ from state to state, but nationally there is a basic median that everyone must follow. Even when minimum wage is higher in one state, that state usually have higher taxes and prices on goods. Raising the minimum wage would disturb the economy, including the need to raise prices.