Dear Next President of the United States:

I want to just say thanks for all the things that you’ve done for our country, and for all the things you’ve done to keeps us safe. I want to bring up a few flaws in your excellent work.

First and foremost, the thing that we’ve all been questioning:the clowns. I know they don’t seem like a threat and I’m pretty sure they’re not that harmful. The thing that worries me is the way people are using social media to make clown videos. This misuse of social media has scared plenty of people.

Another issue I want to bring up on an unrelated note is poverty and a no-money system. I know Mr/Mrs.President you get thousands of these complaints every day but I’m not only going to state some flaws I’m going to also say a solution. This idea may seem radical, but I think we should abolish money altogether and just do trades. And if there is any conflict it should just got to the courts.

I know what you’re thinking, “What should replace money? What would people work for?” Well, people should work for all their needs. For example, if you work for four hours, that would be like your electric bill. The catch is certain jobs get a certain amount of needs. For example, a brain surgeon should get more that somebody that works at a fast food restaurant. 

Just hear me out, Mr/Mrs.President.

Benicio Laredo

CC BY-SA 4.0 Clowns and other dilemmas by Benny ._. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Joey 9 months ago

Very insightful. I’m glad the whole clown epidemic has stopped by now. Like Seth, your system sounds a lot like the currency system we have in place today. A brain surgeon does make more than a fast food restaurant employee. Yes, poverty is a problem that does need fixing, but maybe in a different way.

2. Grant 10 months ago

I agree that clowns are terrifying and all but maybe instead of clowns being your main focus you should concentrate on social media and its effects on society and how that relates to the next president. I also think you should focus on one argument instead of many then support it with more evidence and examples.

3. Nicole 10 months ago

Hi Benny,
    I understand how you feel about people posting scary videos on social media. Personally it’s terrifying, I hate how people are just doing it for views. Social media should not be used Like this! People have been getting many threats and it’s not a joke anymore it isn’t very nice. Anyways This A good topic to write about, Keep Posting!

Nicole

4. Author
    Benny ._. 10 months ago

Seth, Mason, Addle you all have great thinking that made me rethink my opinion and look at my own writing from a different perspective.

5. Addie 10 months ago

Your ideas on correcting poverty is interesting because it does not appear that your new monetary system would relieve poverty but instead add fuel to the flames. I do not believe, as you do, that money is what needs to be ‘fixed’ in order to create a poverty free world. In my opinion education is what greatly affects poverty and while there is a correlation between money and education a free public college education system would be a step in the right direction.

6. Seth 10 months ago

What a thoughtful post! I agree that the clown epidemic is concerning but I don’t think there is much we can do about it aside from punishing those few that are caught. I don’t think the President should get involved with stopping the clowns but I do think that responsibility on social media should be addressed at schools. To touch on your point about abolishing money, I think you kinda described how currency works, unless I am misinterpreting your argument. It seems like you described a system where you work and in return you get a reward that can be traded for other services and more “desirable” jobs would get a larger reward. That seems like a currency system but correct me if I’m wrong.

7. Mason 10 months ago

Social media is a huge platform for civil-terrorism. Millions of threats over these platforms come in everyday. I think that we as Americans need to stop always looking over our shoulder at these threats; especially those as small as the clowns. Yes, they are scary and they have been scaring people all over the country, but at the end of the day, its a sick joke and worrying about it at a Presidential scale would be pointless. With that said, Poverty is a huge issue in this country, and causes a lot of problems including malnourishment of children and unequal opportunities for millions of Americans.