It looks like a FitBit, or maybe one of those Apple watches, but it’s a ring. The screen that it has can be  adjusted to your individual needs.

When you’re sad and need to talk to someone, when you’re bored, anywhere, anytime, you can make them come there with you. Just a click of a screen, and BAM they’re there.

Like a mood ring, it senses your mood so that it knows what to say and how to say it. But unlike a mood ring, it also senses your personality and what kind of friendship you are going to want.

Hopes are that fewer kids are flunking and being depressed all the time because your friends are mean and distracting. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t have friends that are not bots, or that you shouldn’t be social, but now you have a friend made for you.

(This is not made yet, so don’t go looking. Please don’t steal my idea!)

CC BY-SA 4.0 The friend-o-nater, the gadget that gives a friend by Allie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.