Dear Future President of the United States,

Before I say anything else, I would like to congratulate you for becoming the new president. I have a couple important issues from our country I would like to talk about with you.

The first issue I would like to discuss with you is about immigration. Not everyone that immigrates to America is a bad person. We all have our own reasons why we decided to immigrate to America, such as our home country was treating us badly or they were going through hard times. Even if they just like America, that’s a reason. Immigrants are just as important as American citizens.

The second issue I would like to discuss with you is about protecting our country. Our community needs to be safe. We don’t want terrorists, we don’t want bombs, we don’t want to feel unprotected, we don’t want to live in a community where we can’t feel safe. So many of our friends and family died because of terrorism. We need a president who will be a great leader and protect us, protect us from anymore family and friends losing their life.

I will promise you, that if you do these things to help our community, SO many people will respect you, much more than already do. Please help our country, we need a great leader, and I hope that’s you.

Shirley

CC BY-SA 4.0 We Need You by Shirley is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Emma 11 months ago

I really like how you brought up two important issues in this letter. It is clear you are passionate about both. I like the things you said about immigration. It is a very important issue that needs to be addressed. I agree with everything you said. Also, I really liked how you brought up terrorism. It is a serious problem that I believe needs immediate attention. Thank you for expressing your concerns.

2. Lily 12 months ago

Hi Shirley,
    I liked the topics you brought up here. I particularly enjoyed how you said “Immigrants are just as important as American citizens.” This really brings the whole immigration issue back to human rights and human dignity. I would like to know, however, do you have any suggestions for immigration reform? The candidates this election have very different opinions on immigration, and finding a balance that satisfies and respects all people, both American and otherwise, is hard to do.
    As for protection of the people, I agree completely. Again, do you have any suggestions on how to achieve this? What has worked in this past and what hasn’t worked? It, like immigration reform, is all about a balance that brings about the best results for the most people.
    Thanks for the great insights in your post. I enjoyed reading this.

3. Priscilla 12 months ago

Dear, Shirley
    I really agree with I see T.V and i heard a bomb killed lots of people and I feel like this happens everyday, I’m really glad you brought this issue up.

4. Glendy 12 months ago

Dear Shirley,
    I really enjoyed your post I agree that our country needs to be safe. Great job Shirley

5. Siera 12 months ago

I like how you really elborated on your topic. It is specific and I really enjoy it. Great job Shirley. I really enjoyed reading this.