,

During the past few weeks, I have been reading Homelessness by Karen Latchana Kenny. As said in my previous post, this is a book about people who are homeless and how they got there.

As I get further and further into this book I started to see more reasons on how homeless people have got in the position they are in.

Like for example, many people are homeless because they can’t get a job. They can’t get this job because they are in a wheelchair, or because they have a brain disorder that doesn’t let them function.

This is sad to see that many people can’t get a job because of these reasons. This book shows you a lot about homeless people, and I hope you find the time to read it.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Why are people Homeless? by Breanna is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Fahmia 1 month ago

Dear Breanna,
    I find your post very interesting and agree with you. I find it so important that people see this post since most people aren’t looking at all the causes of homelessness before making a judgement. Telling someone to simply “get a job” without taking in consideration these factors such as disabilities is completely ignorant. It would be greatly appreciated if you to visit our blog, https://helpingthehomelessnyc.wordpress.com . It talks more about the issues with homelessness in NYC.

2. Ryan 3 years ago

I think this post is very important for some people to see. This is because homeless people continuously are criticized for being lazy and not getting a job, but we don’t know the struggles that they face. They could have a situation in their lives that prevents them from finding employment and no one to help out with it. That is why we should never just judge a homeless person on one thing, because they all have a reason for being where they are.