I’m currently halfway through the book That was then, this is now by S.E. Hinton. From what I have read in the book it is about two brothers who grow apart as the oldest one starts spending more time with girls. 

Bryon decided to go out on a date with Cathy. While on the date Bryon and Cathy hear a scream, but they decide to ignore it. Suddenly Curtis comes to call Bryon telling him that Mark had gotten hurt.

Bryon’s blood ran cold he immediately pushed through the crowd to see if Mark was okay. As Bryon gets closer he sees Mark on the floor unconscious with blood on half of his face. 

The fight started when one guy was suddenly beating up Curtis and another guy was about to run with a beer bottle and hit him with it. Mark realized that it was going to be an unfair fight so he jumps in to make it fair. 

I still have a couple chapters to finish the book, I am really interested in what will happen next.