The history of Law Enforcement dates back to the beginning of this country’s history. When the signing of the constitution took place, the founders made a set of rights and laws in which the American people would follow for an orderly society. Now in 2016, many of those laws are still in place, and law enforcement still enforces these laws making America a safe place for us all to live.

With this said, the news has flooded the headlines with the epidemic of Police involved shootings, diminishing the reputation Police Officers have in this country. The real question is, how do we avoid these situations but also protect of Police Officers. Every day these Officers put on a uniform and head out the door to protect the American people.

Recently, I was able to take part in a Ride-Along with the local police and found that many citizens would yell rude remarks or criticize the Officers whom I was patrolling with. I was shocked by the public view of Law Enforcement, and even more shocked at how calm the Officers remained. These Police Officers are amazing people who I thank for everything they do, and without them, this world would be much scarier than it is.

Back to the real question, which is the solution to the Police Involved shootings, I believe that action needs to be taken in order to assure the safety of every innocent individual, but for the Police Officers following what they have been trained, I believe that we as Americans need to tip our caps to the men and women in blue and remember that these people risk their lives every day to protect us. Thank you Law Enforcement agencies across America.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Law Enforcement in America by Mason is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Breanna 10 months ago

Dear Mason, I believe law enforcement is important. La enforcement protects us and keeps us safe. Police men wear a uniform and head out there where there is danger. They risk their lives and it sounds rude that people will yell names at the police men when they are just here to help. Nice post home you post more.

2. Daniel 10 months ago

Dear Mason
    I think that law enforcement is very in a community. If there wasn´t any police officers there would be a lot of crime, and people hurting others, but with police officers they control crime in towns and cities. I think that people should respect police officers because they protect us from crime. I am looking forward to reading more of your post´s.