According to Phil Ruffin, a businessman, and friend of Donald Trump, Trump always pays his bills on time. USA Today and other sources, though, disagree. This was also brought up by Clinton in the debate; she said that Trump refused to pay an architect who worked for him and brought up the question of his trustworthiness as a candidate to speak for the working class when he refuses to even pay a worker. In the USA Today article, it was stated that Trump has been involved in 3,500 lawsuits. Everyday Americans have been denied payment according to this source.  

Unsatisfied workers include carpenters, painters, contractors, and the lawyers representing him in the court. Ruffin was lying.

This is representative of Trump’s dishonesty and the reason that many are suspicious of him as a candidate, however, some may say that Clinton’s email scandals parallel this dishonesty.

Which is worse? Does the character of our president reflect how they will make decisions? Does Trump’s lacks of payment make him a bad man? If elected, will he represent the middle class’s wishes when he disrespected him? These are the questions facing the U.S. today.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Trump and his business history with refusal to pay for labor by Siena is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Stephanie 1 year ago

Dear Siena,
    I’m am interested in your post shows that the decisions that Trump makes affect him in ways that show the U.S if he is a good candidate. One thing that stood out to me was how you mention that how is he supposed to be a good candidate if he won’t even pay his workers. His decisions reflect on how he will decide his decision if he becomes president. Thanks for your post, I look forward to hearing more about how this topic.