Gun control is a huge issue for us right now, because of these random shootings happening. I think that people should have a background check before purchasing a gun. Without requiring a background check on people, there is a higher chance for random shootings. In the article “Should More Gun Control Laws

I think that people should have a background check before purchasing a gun. Without requiring a background check on people, there is a higher chance for random shootings. In the article “Should More Gun Control Laws

In the article “Should More Gun Control Laws Be Enacted?” there is a pro that says there would be less gun related deaths. Although I do believe that guns can make people feel safe, for example keeping a handgun inside the house just in case of an emergency. In the article “Handguns Are The New Home Security,” there is a survey that shows the amount of different types of guns owned in the United States. Handguns are the most owned gun throughout the U.S, since 1994 the ownership of handguns has risen 8%.

In the article “Handguns Are The New Home Security,” there is a survey that shows the amount of different types of guns owned in the United States. Handguns are the most owned gun throughout the U.S, since 1994 the ownership of handguns has risen 8%.

fewerguns

http://gun-control.procon.org/

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/10/12/us/handguns-gun-ownership-survey

CC BY-SA 4.0 Gun Control by Averie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Josh 3 weeks ago

This is a very interesting outlook on the idea of gun control. I couldn’t make out the main opinion of it, but i infer from the statistics that you are inferring that gun control is necessary because of the growth of handgun ownership. One might say that for the amount of registered handguns should be equal to or greater than the paralleled growth of the population if the claim that net gun ownership has increased. But the fact of the matter is that the growth of the american population is more than two times the percentage of gun ownership between 1994 and now. This shows that the respective number of guns in the us has gone down, but the respective amount of violent crime has increased (which completely negates the idea that people owning guns means an increase in gun crime) thank you and have a lovely day.