Dear Youth Voices Community,

Hey, Youth Voices my name is Surako Follings I am a 17-year-old senior at Fremont high school located in Oakland California .

The social inequity problem I am looking into is Abusive Relationships. The demographic group I am most focused on for this inequity is Men and Woman. Abusive Relationship because I want to know more about how someone is being abused and how it is caused. The reason I feel this is an inequity is because a lot of people are not aware of what group of people is being abused so much.

Right now, I do not have a solution to this problem I am still searching for a possible solution.

Some might argue that abusive relationships do not matter because if a girl hits a guy then it’s okay or vice versa, which is backwards, making my research focus debatable.

Fremont High School seniors are now curating sources to explain our inequity and its impact on society and to develop arguments for why and how this inequity needs to be addressed. If you have ideas for sources I should explore, please send me those ideas or links in the comment section. I would greatly appreciate your feedback and help.

Surako Follings
Fremont High School

CC BY-SA 4.0 Asking for help Curating Soucres by Surako is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Andrew 10 months ago

Hey Surako,
    I think this: http://ncadv.org/learn-more/statistics should be a good link to help with your research. I hope to see what you write about this topic soon!
    Andrew