Look at the world now. Cars zipping past, many hundreds at a time, all chugging down on the gasoline we feed them. Power plants coughing up a concoction of gases that choke the air up to fill our extreme demands. Now expand the scales – a city, a town, a state, a country, a world. We use so much fossil fuels to power our lives that it is going to cause problems in the very near future.

But there is a way we might be able to fix this, if only we continue to support it and expand its reaches. Renewable energy. And we can start improving what we have here already. The US Department of Energy has already stated in an article that wind energy has now become the fastest growing source of power in the US, with supplying 43% of the energy generation capacity in 2012, and many states are depending on a sizable amount of their energy from wind. 

In the Today In Energy article by the US Energy Information Administration, they have shown that CO2 emissions that are energy related has been the lowest in the first 6 months of 2016 since 1991. The means that we are using less fossil fuels such as coal. Meaning less carbon emissions and a growing use of renewable energy sources. Even with the temporary spike in petroleum use, energy from hydroelectric and wind plants are on the rise and are supposed to be a larger part of the energy producers in 2016.

Look at this. Look at what we have, what we have done, and what we can do in the future. With such a significant rise in such clean energy here in the US, we can help promote this worldwide. We don’t need to keep using products that will run out soon and at the same time hurt us. We can help push for the change. We can save this place, if we can only work together. If only we can understand how big this is to us and saving the planet. My home. Your home. Our world.

CC BY-SA 4.0 We Can Save Ourselves by Thaarini is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.