For the past few weeks, I have been reading the book Stargirl. This book has real life situations fused into it, mostly based on popularity, and bullying. She goes by Stargirl, but her name is Susan Caraway. 

Stargirl goes through her years home schooled, and then at the age of 16, decides she wants to enter Mica High School. At Mica, her presence is liked, and then several weeks later, on the contrary, all of Mica has turned backs on her when she is blamed for Mica losing their basketball streak. 

All of Mica shuns her, except for one, her boyfriend. Her boyfriend sees she is different and likes being around the nice vibe she sets. She does not seem to notice or care what is going around her and still remains to be the nicest person at school. 

This is what I have read so far.

Photo by mliu92

CC BY-SA 4.0 Stargirl by Monce is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.