These past few weeks, I have been reading the book, The Hidden Story of Homelessness by Karen Latchana Kenny. What I have been reading so far is about why people are homeless, how did they get there.

I’ve been noticing a lot that people judge homeless people, but they don’t even know why there homeless what’s the real reason. Many people choose not to help because they think they got in that position for using drugs.

This may not always be the case. People can become homeless because of violence in their home, mental issues etc.

So my point is we shouldn’t judge people because we don’t know the real story.

This is what I have been reading so far.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Homelessness! by Breanna is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Maria 10 months ago

Dear Breanna,
    I am moved by your post. You’ve got a point, people judge the homeless so easily and this isn’t fair. I am looking forward to what you post next. Keep up the good work.

2. Monce 10 months ago

Dear Breanna,
    I am intrigued by your post because it states what people see, and then it goes back into what reality really is for the homeless and why they are there. I am now looking forward to reading a book similar to this situation.