The book That Was Then, This Is Now by S.E. Hinton is about to boys who are really close and soon grow apart. This book is about Bryon a teenager and his adopted brother Mark, as the grow up they start to grow apart.

Bryon’s mother adopted Mark after she felt bad that his parents passed away and there was no one to care for him. Mark and Bryon spend much time together. As time goes by Byron’s mom goes to the hospital and they are forced to care for each other. Bryon is getting older so he’s paying attention to girls.

Many people don’t stick together for a lifetime, but in my opinion, I think they’re able to stay in touch. If the two characters in this book are as close as they were before it would make sense if they stay in contact.

I have yet to finish this book, but I’m looking forward to seeing what happens next.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Does gowing apart have to mean losing connection? by Yuliana is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Monce 10 months ago

Dear Yuliana, I also believe that they might grow apart but one way or another stay in touch.

2. Cy 10 months ago

I agree. Individuals don’t have to be together to stay connected. This day in age we can use social media to stay closer than we’ve ever been.