A political issue that is important and is a huge issue in our country is equal pay. Equal pay has been an issue in our country for as long as I can remember. Since forever, women have been paid less than men, even when achieving the same job. 

It has been debated whether or not women should be paid the same as  men. Many say women should get paid equally, but no one is doing anything about it. But it still remains an issue  that women don’t receive the same amount as men. 

Men argue that women don’t share the same characteristics as them and that they have  worked way harder. In a recent poll conducted by I Side With, 9% of the population who voted said that women shouldn’t be paid the same as men “there are too many variables such as education, experience, and tenure that determine a fair salary.” 

Yes, women’s pay grade has gone up but it’s still not at it’s best. It is said on the website of the  National Women’s Law Center  that women “lost an earning of more than $10,000 per year.” It’s just not ordinary women who don’t get paid equally, women in the acting industry are also dealing with pay inequality.

For those who think that equal pay is a myth, it’s not, and it’s something that needs to be reviewed and changed for good. 

https://nwlc.org/issue/equal-pay-and-the-wage-gap/

https://www.isidewith.com/poll/935311236

CC BY-SA 4.0 Equal Pay for Women by Daniela is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Heidi 9 months ago

Thank you for introducing a discussion to take place surrounding this issue. You took an important topic and backed your view with facts, and it made for a very persuasive argument. I agree with you that this issue is extremely important. Frankly, it baffles me that the gender wage gap still exists. Hopefully raising more and more awareness, like you did, will bring much needed change.

2. Grace 10 months ago

I agree with your argument. This is a big issue that needs to be taken care of immediately. We need to find a way to fix this quickly. Great topic and post!

3. Emma 10 months ago

Daniela-
    I agree with everything you said. The gender wage gap is a very big issue in society today. It does need to be fixed. It is unfair and unjust that women are paid less than men. one thing I found interesting that you said is that women who achieve the same jobs as men still get paid less. This was a great post.

4. Moiranda 10 months ago

Hello Daniela,
    I agree, the wage gap is something that is a major issue in our country and it is something that needs to be fixed. Like you said, many say and agree that it needs to be fixed, however, it’s still an issue. Why is this still an issue? If only a small percentage of say that women shouldn’t get payed equal, why do so many women still get payed so much less than men. As a country as whole when need to work together to eliminate wage gaps between men and women.