Dear Youth Voices Community,

My name is Tomas Beltran I like to play soccer and play some basketball.

The social inequity problem I am looking into is the bullet train construction in California. The demographic group I am most focused on for this inequity is the farmers because they produce most of the food for California, This would affect everyone in the U.S because the prices of the food and other products. The reason I feel this is an inequity is because it is not fair for people´s prices to go up because of the bullet train construction.

Right now, I do not have a solution yet but I am looking for one.

Some might argue that the bullet train should not be built in California because many farms will have to be removed and placed somewhere else, some might also say that building the bullet train will just be another reason to raise prices and raise taxes, making my research focus debatable.

Fremont High School seniors are now curating sources to explain our inequity and its impact on society and to develop arguments for why and how this inequity needs to be addressed. If you have ideas for sources I should explore, please send me those ideas or links in the comment section. I would greatly appreciate your feedback and help.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Requesting help for my research. by Tomas is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.