Dear Youth Voices Community,

My name is Jerome Pope Jr. I am a 12th grader at Fremont High School.

The social inequity problem I am looking into is injuries in the NFL. The demographic group I am most focused on for this inequity is on men Black, White, and Hispanic, ages 21-30, because some races get different things when they get hurt. The reason I feel this is an inequity I feel different races get better help when they get injured

Right now, I believe a solution to this problem. I’ve yet to find it.

Some might argue that some players get better help when they’re hurt, making my research focus debatable.

Fremont High School seniors are now curating sources to explain our inequity and its impact on society and to develop arguments for why and how this inequity needs to be addressed. If you have ideas for sources I should explore, please send me those ideas or links in the comment section. I would greatly appreciate your feedback and help.

Jerome Pope
Fremont High School

Photo by Neon Tommy

CC BY-SA 4.0 Need help on my research about football injures by Jerome is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Tyshon 7 months ago

I play football to and when I get injured I get a different treatment than my team mate

2. Sergio 9 months ago

Dear Jerome,
    I am surprised by your post “Need help on my research about football injuries” because you state the NFL does have a lot of injuries between ages 21-30. You also say some races get different things when they get hurt. Different races get better help when they get injured. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Some might argue that some players get better help when they’re hurt” I think this is unfair because every player should be in the same treatment.\Your post about NFL injuries reminds me of something that happened to me when i was playing football at my middle school and I got hit in the head and i got a concussion. When this happened I received the same treatment as everyone else. If I had been treated different from other players I would had felt like they don’t care about my health.
    Sincerely, Sergio

3. Cris 9 months ago

New York Times is a credible source because they are a generally reliable giver of news, also because they have a good mix of editorial columnists that have different opinions. Here’s what I found: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/us/how-race-plays-a-role-in-patients-pain-treatment.html