i am from were my people don’t know there people and we’re all not treated as equal

i don’t know if i greater than or less than

now you tell me were the  alligator mouth goes from here

life is like math you and to it or you subtract from it

you get it right or you get it wrong

iam from our women don’t know their worth there dragging our tittle as queens in dirt

they let these little boys skeet ans skurt an

i know what its like not to be loved by the man you call dad

so you count on the one with the snake in his hand

i am from were people think im mean because im not a green screen

they sugar code it for us that why we got type one diabetes

i am from were they call me stubborn  and rude

they’er judging a book by its cover because im dropped in color

but i am a person who get they third eye open

lets her ears observe

an when i speak

i spit bullets if your melanin is as tough as mine you’ll let the sunshine an you’ll be just fine

if i stay woke and you stay woke they wont take us for a joke!screenshot_2016-10-05-19-55-48

CC BY-SA 4.0 i am from by Nijia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Natalie 1 year ago

I really liked this! I like how your poem showed so much emotion and I could really tell that you felt passionately about it. I think its really cool when we get to write about subjects that we feel genuinely intrigued to write about. It’s easier it makes it feel like what we are writing is just coming to us. You subject is a very deep one to write about but I think it’s good because then you can get really into it! nice work!