Dear Mr./Mrs. President,

The topic I choose to write to the president about is college prices. Tuition prices and debt is too high. College students fear this every day and it stresses them out. “Seven out of ten college students are stressed about their personal finances…Nearly 60 percent said they worry about having enough money to pay for school, while half are concerned about paying their monthly expenses.” Having to juggle that stress plus the stress of school work that college already puts on you, breaks a student down. A number of students to drop out not because of their grades, but because they can’t financially stay in school. Having to drop out of the school of your dreams, or the school that will help you set off

Having to juggle that stress plus the stress of school work that college already puts on you, breaks a student down. A number of students to drop out not because of their grades, but because they can’t financially stay in school. Having to drop out of the school of your dreams, or the school that will help you set off your career will genuinely hurt that student. Now, some people make it during their college years. They afford everything at the time but then here’s comes College debt. Adults mature with children are still facing their college debt. Can you imagine getting ready to pay for your child’s college and you’re still paying for your own?

They afford everything at the time but then here’s comes College debt. Adults mature with children are still facing their college debt. Can you imagine getting ready to pay for your child’s college and you’re still paying for your own? Especially if you’re sending multiple kids to college within the same years and you’re still paying for yours. That disadvantages everyone involved. Also, not being able to pay for your child to go to college puts a lot of emotional and financial stress on the parents, especially when they still have kids at home.

Parents want the best for their children and not being able to send them to college and give them the best start they can in the world breaks a parent’s heart. I would express to the president that the upcoming generation, the future of our country would benefit generously with lowered college prices and debt. Our future would be brighter having more educated people in each area

Also, not being able to pay for your child to go to college puts a lot of emotional and financial stress on the parents, especially when they still have kids at home. Parents want the best for their children and not being able to send them to college and give them the best start they can in the world breaks a parent’s heart. I would express to the president that the upcoming generation, the future of our country would benefit generously with lowered college prices and debt. Our future would be brighter having more educated people in each area.

CC BY-SA 4.0 How Can You Help with the School and Work Juggle? by Jalah is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Mikael 10 months ago

I definitely understand what you’re saying. With college coming up I have started to feel some pressure. I have to worry about entrance exams, essays and all sorts of things. Having to worry about debt is just adds to the stress even more. In what ways do you think the next president can help with these sorts of things?

2. Lena 10 months ago

I agree that having to balance school, and work causes unneeded stress.I do believe that the amount of money a person pays for college is excessive, especially when there isn’t much help for college debt. Do you have any ideas of how our future president could help with this issue?

3. Montana 11 months ago

I do agree. I believe students are experiencing stress on so many different levels. I think college is very expensive and student loans are a hassle. Can you explain your view on how the future president can help out with student loans/ college tuition?