I am from Oakland, CA

I am from a world where the only thing you hear is gunshots wherever

did you not see someone die after getting shot .

that’s crazy how people say they seen someone get shot.

but when we ask a question and you acting like you forgot.

let’s see if you really seen someone gets shot if you was not

on your block when everybody was trying to tell you about

the person that got shot.

but you claim that was your father but we telling you that it’s someone

that didn’t live on your block when they were the ones that try to move

on a block before getting shot.

I am going my block trying to see who got shot and everybody still don’t

know who got shot after being on the news.

I wonder why is everybody killing each other over some stupid stuff

to me, I will think to myself, why kill people if you don’t know why you are killing for.

Photo by perceptions (off)

CC BY-SA 4.0 Gunshots by Destiny is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. William 1 year ago

Dear Destiny, I understand what you are talking about it’s the same thing that happens on my block, people getting shot and kids getting hurt to, but I also like how descriptive you were wich helps me relate to it.

2. Jade 1 year ago

Destiny, this was really good and I like how you talked about something that really happens in reality. I also like how you expressing yourself in a different persons perspective.

3. Mayree 1 year ago

Destiny, I loved reading this. It was very deep in its simplicity. I was able to put myself in your shoes, but in reality I will never be able to put myself in your shoes because we are from two different worlds, to different places. But, I want you to know I understand where you are coming from, when you say, ” I wonder why is everybody killing each other over stupid stuff.” It is so true, the harsh reality is young people are killing each other and for what? I am sure there is a number of answers for that problem, but which one is right?

4. Vicky 1 year ago

Dear Destiny, I really get where you are coming from. I am from Salt Lake City, Utah and I also live in a neighbor hood that has shootings and stuff and little children getting hurt around every corner. I grew up with that all my life. Like you said people just kill for no apparent reason and it makes me sick. I really like your story though. I can really relate to it.