I’m from deep east Oakland,the land of the slide shows. Smelling the rubber tires burn,and where gunshots are considered music notes. I’m from the town where nigga’s get around;grinding for them blue strips, trying to cash out for that new whip. I’m from a place where i see people dying while watching their family members break down and start crying. Imagine seeing someone you know lie in a coffin never to be seen again,when will all this violence stop?Before one of your homies or family members get popped? When will all the guns drop? I’m from the place where love isn’t a thing no more but a mere lie. This is a cold world that i’m living in and it’s getting even colder,that place is called Oakland

I’m from Oakland.oaklandish photo

Photo by kzamani

CC BY-SA 4.0 Where i’m from… by Ray is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.