The United States has 88.8 guns per 100 people, or about 270,000,000 guns, which is the highest total and per capita number in the world.” The idea of gun control in America is a hot topic in today’s society. A lot of the arguments for both sides of the spectrum inevitably fall back onto the U.S. constitution. While the 2nd amendment is not an unlimited right to own guns it does protect individual gun ownership. There are strong arguments to be made on both sides of the spectrum of gun control and many facts that can be utilized to make those arguments concrete. I think the real dilemma of gun control really boils down to personal experience such as how you grew up, and the surroundings that you have lived in. I grew up in a very gun friendly household and learned how to use and respect a firearm at a very young age. Therefor I normally tend to fall on the side arguing against gun control. However, it is not hard for me to envision why others from a different background may think differently. I think gun control is a topic that needs to be discussed in today’s society so that people can become more educated on the issue and understand the wide ranging ideas and solutions that are being brought up. I also think it is also important for people to keep in mind and be respectful of others upbringings when discussing gun control because it will allow you to see where there opinion is coming from and the experiences they have had that have helped shape their opinion. Click here to visit a website that will provide an even argument for the pros and cons of gun control.gun photo

CC BY-SA 4.0 Gun Control by Trevor is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.