Without hope, life is meaningless and lost. This word is so powerful that it can change the course of someone’s life. Either by getting them back up from a tragic and earth shattering event or just guiding them. According to Webster’s dictionary, hope is a feeling of expectation or desire for a certain event to take place. I agree with each part of that definition because hope can be a reason to live and to keep going forward. With the expectation and desire in mind, you can hope to strive until the ultimate goal is reached. Through thick and thin hope is the backbone of survival. Sometimes when all seems lost and it seems as if there is no way out, hope finds the way. When I hear the word hope, a feeling of determination burns inside me and I strive to do my ultimate best. If you believe in yourself, than you have hope. If you trust yourself, than you have hope. If you have a desire, than you have hope. Positive thinking is the root of hope. Since I was a little kid, my mother always told me that; “If you have hope, than you have everything, and if you lose hope, than you’ve lost everything”. Those words have stuck to me like white on rice. Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Keeps You Going by Manwinder is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Katie 10 months ago

I really like reading your post, Manwinder. I agree with you that finding hope helps you get through some hard times. I can relate to things that you are talking about because in order for me to get through the tough times of my medical experiences, I had to have hope. I think when you have hope in yourself, you will gain a lot more out of life. I thought your analogy was very clever.