The biggest thing on seniors minds right now is college. Many are really scared about going to college because they don’t want to be in tons of debt but also need and want to go to college because they think they will have more success. A lot of teens don’t go to college merely because of the cost and the fear of being in so much debt. However, college can definitely help you be more successful.
On ProCon.org they discussed the pros and the cons of a college education. They said “On average, a college graduate with a bachelor’s degree earned $30,000 more per year than a high school graduate, or about $500,000 more over a lifetime” and another pro they reported was that College graduates are more likely to have health insurance and retirement plans. However they also reported that Student loan debt often forces college graduates to live with their parents and delay marriage, financial independence, and other adult milestones. Another con they talked about as far as getting a degree was lots of students that have earned degrees have diluted the value of a bachelor’s degree. According to ProCon.org as of fall of 2013, 19.9 million students were enrolled in colleges and universities compared to 13.54 million students being enrolled in the 90s.
Collegeview.org discussed th eimportance and all the pros of going to college. They however, do discuss that they understand that graduating high school and automatically going in the work field and generating money may seem more attractive in the long run, going to college will help keep the money flow more steady. They believe by going to college you receive more opportunities, gain connections to help in the future, and higher education. They also discuss the importance of going to college for the economy side, “The global economy is becoming increasingly more competitive, and in order to give yourself the best chance for a well-paying job, you must first understand the importance of college education.”

Sources:
http://www.collegeview.com/articles/article/importance-of-college-education

http://college-education.procon.org

CC BY-SA 4.0 Is a college education worth it? by Ellisandra is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.