A very important issue to me in this years presidential election is the topic of the civil war in Syria, and the refugee crisis following it.

http://2016election.procon.org/view.answers.election.php?questionID=002062

Hillary Clinton, Jill stein, and Gary Johnson all support taking in Syrian refugees, Stein and Clinton more so than Johnson.

Trump refers to the Syrian refugees as being “perhaps the biggest ever Trojan Horse”. This I really don’t get. He is playing to the xenophobes of the American population and their simplistic fears of terror and Hillary believes it is our duty as humanitarians (and citizens of a country built on immigration) to let these people in. She argues that the fear of terror can not intimidate us to the point that we are not caring human beings anymore. I can greatly affiliate with this argument. She implores Americans to remember that many, if not most of those fleeing are running away for the very same reasons that many people in our country are afraid of letting them in. This hypocrisy really gets me riled up, and I really like the way Secretary Clinton speaks on this issue

https://news.vice.com/article/assad-is-assembling-10000-troops-for-final-assault-on-aleppo

This article shows the extreme crisis befalling the people still trapped. The Syrian’s own government is now targeting civilians’ businesses (mainly their last resort of food and shelter), and hospitals. This situation is what those who can get out of Syria have been experiencing for years (the civil war began on March 15, 2011). Sadly, it will continue to get worse as Assad’s newly assembled troops move further into the city, firing shells and machine guns as they go.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Civil War in Syria (and Refugees) by Louis is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.