Currently, common core standards in America are handled poorly right now. With us Americans not putting “education first,” we are ranked 28th in the world. This is bad because it shows how we do not put education as a high standard. So much money is being spent on our education system and it is being spent way more than many countries that are successful in education. Education has to be at a local level. “We cannot have the bureaucrats in Washington telling you how to manage your child’s education.” Trump states. This is very agreeable because uniform standards will not improve education in America. Uniform standards will only keep education to same, but not make it grow. In a way, common core harms the way how Math and English are taught in the United States. Mostly because of how the STEM system does not 100% prepare you for a four year college or a difficult job that relates to the STEM system. All in all, common core needs to be localized because the states need to focus on each school district. This will provide a higher chance for the rich and the poor to have a more valuable chance in education. But mostly, a higher standard in education.

http://2016election.procon.org/view.answers.election.php?questionID=002085

https://www.tfpstudentaction.org/blog/9-reasons-why-common-core-is-bad-for-education

CC BY-SA 4.0 Are the Common Core Standards Good for Education in America? by Montana is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.