I don’t really know the real answer to this question, generally because I was the one to avoid conflict.

However, the book “Stuck in the Middle” has really made me think, and review in my years of middle school, and then I started thinking. Students have gotten craftier, thanks to the Internet.

Although bullying almost never occurred in school, all of it now occurs over the internet. A lot of it now occurs over social media. With snide comments like, “You look fat,” and, “You look ugly,” it just tears through people.

However, I have witnessed bullying in school as well. I remember how one girl has transferred school because she couldn’t handle all the insults.

So, bullying hasn’t changed. It’s just as bad as it used to be.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Was Bullying Really That Bad in Middle School? by Pablo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Profile photo of Alexa
    Alexa 9 months ago

Loved this writing. Bullying has changed from in person to the internet, yet I still see bullying at school all the time. At my school every year we have an assembly dealing with the topic of bullying, but this doesn’t stop the bullies. I myself was bullied in middle school and I know just how hard it was. I didn’t want to come to school and was always scared to talk to people. This experience let me grow as a person and become more confident. The subject of bullying needs to be handled more straight on, just like you said bullying is just as bad as it used to be.

• Profile photo of Pablo Author
      Pablo 9 months ago

Thanks, this is a very important issues that schools decide not to deal with, cause it’s considered off-campus issues even though they do cyber bullying in school to with social media. So, in most cases, the victim is helpless, and feels like there is no one who cares about them. Which is why people need to make some sort of effort to try and help those in need, cause if no one does, these people will become suicidal. However, that’s an entirely different story.

2. Profile photo of MyronJordan
    MyronJordan 9 months ago

This is a great topic! Bullying is a major problem that affects people across the country and many people have been affected negatively creating a chain of events that chooses the fate of their future while some are negative and can cause someone to go over the edge and commit acts of hate. We need to find a solution to end bullying and unite our people despite our differences and where we came from