1. How can we as inhabitants of this planet fix our environment as a whole?
    Accorning to Stephen Emmott the biggest upcoming issue of our future generations are facing, pertaining to our planet would be over population. This seems to be the. Expected biggest environmental crisis with our population worldwide increasing at such a fast rate. Even though many species occupy this planet, we dominate because of our adaptive nature. We have learned to survive, and our birth rate is two times faster than our death rate. The gap seems to be increasing each year, and over population is becoming more and more of a future reality. If this crisis does occur, environmentally we are looking at severe problems such as an increase in air pollution, agriculture devastation, and possible plague and disease expansion These products will in turn leave the human race going down the path of extinction. “Humans are “eating away at our own life support systems” at a rate unseen in the past 10,000 years by degrading land and freshwater systems, emitting greenhouse gases and releasing vast amounts of agricultural chemicals into the environment, new research has found.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/jun/30/stephen-emmott-ten-billion
    http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2015/01/humans-destorying-planet-earth

CC BY-SA 4.0 World Questions by Skylar is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Profile photo of Jerome
    Jerome 9 months ago

Dear skylar:

I am interested by your poem, “World question,” because i wanted to see what kinds of questions you had or have for the world.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “According to Stephen Emmott the biggest upcoming issue of our future generations are facing, pertaining to our planet would be over population.” I think this is important because people in the world probably don’t know this and they really should.

Another sentence that I liked was: “How can we as inhabitants of this planet fix our environment as a whole?” This stood out for me because it’s a really good question and i would love to know the answer

I do agree with your topic because thats a real problem in the world … Another reason I agree with your topic is I feel like we should have more people looking for this and asking these types of questions.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because I want to get the answer and i want to see what other questions you have.