Dear President

I am aware that this letter is just as cliche as the last movie you’ve watched on Netflix, but please hear me out. First I must say it is an honor to speak with you, and that you’re reading this 3rd-grader-like letter. Congratulations on becoming president, I hope you run it well!

With this all being said I have my fears just like the next person. Everyone knows that you and I are alike in at least one way, we’re human. I am worried that with the coming days equality and poverty are two broad topics we can focus on together to help solve throughout your time in office. We believe in you, and we look for your leadership. Though if anything let me believe that at least one of many problems can be solved these coming years.

I begin by saying sexuality should be common knowledge. You and I both know that we can’t make things like homophobia just disappear. I want us to help get public mind aware that bullying and harassment on sexuality is not okay. We all need to be on the same page, and at an earlier grade level too. If we can make public school enforce more strict and noticeable rules on harassment, we might get somewhere better than nowhere not at all. Also making more campaigns and ads on the matter could help as well.

Another issue we’re having is simply the struggle with racism. I see too many times kids getting into battles with one another and oppressing each other with words of hate! But Although I am prepared to understand that many issues starts from the home, it would be appreciated to get higher power and public support in our local schools and hometowns. People look up to you, and they expect to see great leadership. I know I’m not the only one who feels this way about these issues, for they are more frustrating the more poverty we are among.

Finally I am aware that these issues are simple problems our school districts could probably help us with (if it would ever make a difference). But I’d like to reach out to you so that you understand that these issues are more than an advertisement or statement can cure. It’ll take years to come to a tolerable world where I live and if you’re reading this, then I really do hope we can try to make these things fade away somehow. I’m sure you can’t make miracles happen, you’re only human. I simply wanted to inform you of the few problems I have faced over the past decade I’ve lived in and around the California.
The honor is mine, Mr. or Ms. Future President, Samson P Munguia.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Letter to next president. by Samson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.