This is a book about a boy named Arthur Agee. He is 14 years old. He lives in a rough neighborhood with his parents, his brother, and his sister.

He is a true basketball prodigy and his teammates know it too. Does he have natural talent or is it all the hard work he puts into the game.

He got scouted by a man named Earl he recruited him to a very elite high school. Isiah Thomas went there and he became a superstar in the NBA. Isiah was looked up to by Arthur and he wants to be just like him.

I want to start a discussion asking was it talent or hard work that got Arthur noticed. Was it motivation from his almost poverty stricken neighborhood or was it his love of the game?

Photo by Keoni Cabral

CC BY-SA 4.0 Hoop Dreams by Charles Barkley by Miguel is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.