Dear Mr. President,

People ignore important issues daily but I think an idea we’re all avoiding in fear of it being real needs to be addressed this issue being climate change. We as Americans need to do our part in preserving our Earth instead of destroying it. It’s not something you can ignore, the ice caps are melting, polar bears are dying and we’ve lived through the hottest summer ever experienced recently. As a president I want to hear your ideas on how we will address issues concerning this on our part. Being environmental shouldn’t be as much as a struggle as it comes off.

The United States plays a substantial role in the percentage of carbon emissions worldwide, I want to see us as a nation stepping forward and making a difference. Due to sea level rise, increase in inundations, and storm surge flooding, shoreline erosion will be prominent. This will affect the people living in the coastal and the coastal ecosystems like salt marshes. I don’t think anyone really understands just how serious climate change is and how real it can be. If we take the initiative to educate and alert people as to why they shouldn’t be doing certain things or create a nationwide guideline to push us towards a more eco friendly plan I think that’s taking a big step in helping our earth.  

CC BY-SA 4.0 Climate Change by Asha is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Tuan 5 months ago

Asha, I totally agree with the idea that we should be more careful with our actions. I think that we should definitely take our actions more seriously because most of the things that we do, effect the earth in a positive or negative way.

2. Irene 11 months ago

Asha, I love how you wrote about how people should consider climate change more seriously because I agree this issue is not something that should be ignored. As you mentioned in the letter, people definitely should step forward in preserving our Earth instead of making it even worse. Also, I think it’s a great idea to alert people about the consequences of climate change!

3. Zahra 11 months ago

Asha, I totally agree with a lot of what you said including that we are avoiding something that needs to be addressed. I don’t know how we could prevent or limit climate change but I do think that it is an issue that needs to be talked about even if there is no definitive solution.