Dear Future President,

Living in California my family and I are obligated to pay taxes with everything we purchase. However, I disagree with having to take on this responsibility because it isn’t fair. In other states such as Oregon, they don’t have to pay the extra that we have to. I feel there should be equity among every state in the United States. I suggest you take in consideration of families who are hurt by these decisions made by our governments. Any additional expenses to a person’s purchase can financially put a strain on their pockets. Although paying sales taxes in California helps shape the state as a whole, I believe government should get their money elsewhere and not leave it to us to take care of. Coming to you as a victim of this situation I respectfully ask that you take on different perspectives and make your decision based off what’s the right thing to do. Thank you for your time.

CC BY-SA 4.0 #2nextprez by Surako is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.