Being a senior in high school fills me with hope – hope that I will find a good college and even a better career. It fills me with excitement that I will be able to take only those classes that truly interest me. Hope affected my life by giving me something to look forward to in the future. When I was a kid, I really liked to play with legos. I always hoped of receiving one from a family member whenever it was my birthday or some special holiday. Whenever I say hope, I get more joyful. Hope just sounds so relaxed and soothing. The Spanish word for hope is esperanza. It’s so fun to say esperanza because of how the “r” rolls and how funny it feels to say it. Besides my experiences with hope, many forms of hope are also exerted by Greek mythologies and the 2016 election.

The last thing that came out of the box was hope. The story of Pandora’s box leads the reader through a journey of hope. Hope is seen in many forms. In the story of Pandora’s box, hope is a figure that joined all of the evil that came out of the little box. Hope is the theme of many stories and this shows that people are always hoping for something to happen.

Political ideas are always spreading throughout America. These ideas come from people’s hopes and dreams. Americans hope for change, better lifestyle and an improved economy. Americans express their hope by telling and showing. We tell others what we hope the future should look like. We also express our hope through signs, gestures, and media.

We encounter hope in our everyday lives. From politics to greek mythologies, you will always hear about people hoping to get what they want. It puts a smile on your face and brings a more enjoyable and happy life. Kids hope to get exciting new toys, students hope to get better grades, and adults hope they can live the rest of their lives with the same amount of happiness they had in college. Those who prosper during desperate times are those who have the most hope.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Hopes Change Lives by Kavi is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Profile photo of Tino
    Tino 9 months ago

Nice post Kavi. I like how you included the Spanish version of hope. I also liked that you added the personal story to help with your description of the word.