Dear Mr. President,

Gun control is something that needs great improvement in our nation’s. When I say gun control I am not referring to the number of guns out in the world or even the amount of ammo produced to go with it. I am talking about the type of people that we give these guns out to. We need to start enforce more thorough background checks for the people who are getting these weapons. Although not all are going to use them in a bad and very deadly manner some people who are affected by mental disorders or some other things will use the right to bare arms in the wrong way.. However I do not think that everyone should be punished for the wrongdoing of these special and small amount of people, and that is why I think that more advanced background tests will do a lot of good.

It is just too easy to go out and buy a gun nowadays and it really shouldn’t be that way. If you go to a gun show you can buy a gun with no background check or anything. This is a danger because we don’t know if the people that are getting those guns are going to be using them in a good manner or in a manner that will hurt people. I am a hunter and over the past few years the price of ammo has gun way up and the ammo itself has become very hard to find for certain guns. I do not think this is the way to solve the problem of guns. You should not punish the majority of the people that use guns by not producing a lot of ammo in an attempt to decrease the use of guns so that the abuse of guns will go down. The problem is not with the amount of ammo or even guns out in the world, it is with the kinds of people that we allow to have those guns.

So in order to better protect our right to bare arms and keep people safe we need to change the ways in which gun control is being approached. We need to put more focus and emphasis on the background checks to ensure the buyers of the guns are good people who will use them in a good correct manner.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Gun Control by Jason is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Asha 9 months ago

Hi Jason, I’m your secret writing pal. I agree with your stance on the issue and find this post to be very well written great job!

2. Yesenia 1 year ago

Dear Jason,
    I am satisfied with your sentence, ” When I say gun control I am not referring to the number of guns out in the world or even the amount of ammo produced to go with it. I am talking about the type of people that we give these guns out to.” I am satisfied with this because we really need to control the people that use these guns. America needs to find a way to stop these people from buying so many guns and having them use it in a bad way. One thing that you said that stands out to me is, “This is a danger because we don’t know if the people that are getting those guns are going to be using them in a good manner or in a manner that will hurt people.” I completely agree with you because everyone needs to have a background check when purchasing a gun. This can make America a safer environment. Thanks for your essay and I look forward to your future essay because I can relate to your argument.

3. William 1 year ago

Dear Jason , I was intrigued by when you said , “ gun control is not about how much guns there is or how much ammo is produced it is about who we give these weapons “ . I was intrigued by this because I think this is very true and you make valid points later on in the article . One thing that you said that stands out for me is when you said ,”However I do not think that everyone should be punished for the wrongdoing of these special and small amount of people, and that is why I think that more advanced background tests will do a lot of good”. I thought this was interesting because I agree that one person should not be able to ruin it for everybody else who uses weapons the proper way . Your essay of when people were blaming video games for the cause of using guns the wrong way . Thanks for your essay I look for your future essays
    and articles because this one wasn’t biased . I hope the rest of them are like this .