While sitting on the hot cement of my driveway, blowing bubbles, I came to a realization. Not only was bubble fun to say, it also looked cool and had an interesting definition. Bubble literally means a sphere of gas trapped inside a thin layer of liquid. Many would say: “why is bubble your favorite word?” and my response to them? “Why isn’t bubble your favorite word?” Looking at the word just makes me laugh. Fifty percent of the word bubble is made of “B’s.” To me, personally, the letter B is an extravagantly interesting letter to pronounce. Saying that, when the word bubble is said, it makes the lips touch to pronounce the B creating a satisfying noise when said out loud. Say bubble three times and don’t tell me you didn’t smile.  

Time to look at the word bubble, not just say it. There are not many words that have 3 “B”s in them, so immediately bubble stands out. I would also say that the letter U is not used as often as many other vowels are, the point being that not only does bubble have three “b”s in it, it also as a U in it. Bubble is not a hard word to spell either, it requires almost no thought to write. Once we write it in cursive though, it gets crazy. A word as simple as bubble can look so fancy just spelled in cursive. Bubble can be related to a human, simple on the outside but extravagant on the inside. Everyone has their own personality and uniqueness to them, so just be you. I can relate to the very word I call my favorite, ever since summer, bubble. 

1. Paul 12 months ago

Dear Alexa,

I am writing about your post, “Be You,” because it had an interesting sense of humor and I didn’t know a person could write an entire two paragraphs about a silly word like “Bubble.”

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Bubble literally means a sphere of gas trapped inside a thin layer of liquid. Many would say: “why is bubble your favorite word?” and my response to them? ” I think this is relevant because a bubble is now no longer just a bubble, it has the ability to connect to other objects and people.

Another sentence that I was: “To me, personally, the letter B is an extravagantly interesting letter to pronounce. Saying that, when the word bubble is said, it makes the lips touch to pronounce the B creating a satisfying noise when said out loud. Say bubble three times and don’t tell me you didn’t smile.” This stood out for me because when you say the word “together” your lips do not touch but when you say “apart” your lips do touch and they are completely opposite words.

Your post reminds me of my childhood. The friend, light feeling of being outside.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because makes me feel like a kid again.