Dear Future President,

Hi my name is Wendy Mora. I am 17 years old and I attend Fremont High school where I am a senior. I live in Oakland, California. I am very excited to know there is going to be a female president that truly cares about what is happening in  society. I believe it is amazing to have a female president that breaks the sexist chain that exist in politics. To give the perfect example to women who have amazingly big dreams.  There is a lot of sexism in this world, and how we are not alone.  We have a women leader that will stand up for us because we will have someone who will understand young women.

Our claim issue I would love our next president to focus on is how can woman get denied who want to be architects. In construction, it’s mostly because we women are considered soft, weak that cannot do that kind of job but clean and cook.

Additionally if we have a female president she will stand up for the woman culture. Not let women get discriminated or their gender, but she will help us because being a woman in the society like this is not easy. She will fight for our rights and will be a role model  to all women.

Wendy Mora
Image Credit: “We Can Do It,” by J. Howard Miller, artist employed by Westinghouse, poster used by the War Production Co-ordinating Committee [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

CC BY-SA 4.0 Women in Construction by Wendy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. MyronJordan 11 months ago

Wendy, I enjoyed your creativity and the fact that you don’t follow social standards as to what a man/women should and should not do and created a new point of view for my thoughts on the different groups of people and their way of life.

2. Lula 11 months ago

Wendy, I love the fact that you mentioned women doing construction work! I feel like nobody really talks about this. I want our new president to focus on jobs that allows women to do the same things that men do such as construction work. I would identify myself as a feminist because I believe that all women in the world deserve fair representation and deserve equal opportunities.