Ever since I was little I was taught to model after a hero. Whether it would be the hero of a movie or a book I was shown that being the hero was a good thing. A hero could do anything such as: saving a school from aliens, falling in love with an attractive person, and even beating an unbeatable enemy. From what I could pick up from the movies and books I read they also have outstanding personalities. They showed no sign of fear and always stood up for what they believed in. I realized that to achieve this ultimate image each hero had one thing in common; they each had courage. As I grew up I no longer looked for superman and batman in buildings but looked to the newspapers and internet for people who could come close to achieving the hero image. I concluded that it is easy to recognize courage in Hollywood and books but in reality courage is not as easily noticed or celebrated because it is something that is not always seen at first in a person. However, just because you cannot see it does not mean that it is not there. The word courage makes me want to become as close to a superhero as I can and overall just to become a better person.  I believe that every person is capable of being fearless and having courage just like Batman and Superman. I have come to the conclusion that even though every day people including myself may not have supernatural abilities we do have courage that at times can seem like a new superpower.

CC BY-SA 4.0 The New Super Power by Tevy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Junia 6 months ago

Dear Tevy:

I am inspired by your post, “The New Super Power,” because it is very truthful, and instills a kind of hope in me.

One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “ As I grew up I no longer looked for superman and batman in buildings but looked to the newspapers and internet for people who could come close to achieving the hero image. ” I think this is touching because it shows how even though we don’t live in a world with flying Kryptonians (do we?), we do live in a world where their are heroes all around us- showing a different type of courage and bravery- like you mention.

Another sentence that I was inspired by was: “I have come to the conclusion that even though every day people including myself may not have supernatural abilities we do have courage that at times can seem like a new superpower..” This stood out for me because it sends the message that even though we don’t have superhuman strength, everyone has a superpower that should not be overlooked- courage.

Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because the ideas you express and the truth in your words makes me feel hopeful that we can build and be a part of a better world.

2. Surako 1 year ago

Dear Tevy :
    I am amazed by your post about “The new super power “ because it made me feel as I am a super hero everyday i wake up. Although I can’t fly or punch the cement to where it will break I feel I have courage knowing that people like you are still here.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “” I think this is inspiring because it shows
    Another sentence that I agree with was: “The word courage makes me want to become as close to a superhero as I can and overall just to become a better person.” This stood out for me because it shows that he wants to be a better person and overcoming challenges with courage.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because the way you explained this superpower and connected with courage wants me to read more.

3. Kay Lee 1 year ago

I have a super power??