Have you ever been so interested in something, that you have a certain mindset to learn about it even more? I am determined to go to college, in order to get a good enough job to have health insurance and be able to support my future family. I believe the type of attitude that you display is based on how well you will achieve the goals you are working towards. If you have a bad mindset towards the goal that you are trying to achieve, then it will probably take longer to achieve the goal. However, if you have a positive attitude then, you will achieve your goal much faster. For example, this past summer I had to recover from a major surgery. This recovery was difficult for me, but my attitude helped me to get to where I am today. Since I could not walk for two months I had to have a positive outlook while my leg healed. Since the beginning of school, I have been walking with crutches. This has been a really frustrating experience. I am getting closer to walking each day and hopefully will not be using crutches at all in the next couple of weeks. As a result, my attitude has helped me to heal during tough times and about life in general. A person’s attitude has a direct correlation on how others see you as well as if they want to be around you. I believe the demeanor that you show towards people helps you succeed in life.  If you want to change the way you are acting, you are the only one that can change your attitude.

CC BY-SA 4.0 Reaching for your Dreams by Katie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Gary 11 months ago

Dear Katie,

I am very happy about your post “Reaching For Your Dreams” because i feel the same way you do about having the right mindset in order to achieve your goals faster. I also agree about those who have a negative mindset will take much longer than those with a positive one. One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is “My attitude has helped me through tough times,” because that is the way everyone should be when trials and tribulations come around and knocks people down but will not weaken you but strengthen you. Your post reminds me of something that happened to me. One time I was playing in my first rugby game and in the beginning it was going well until I busted my head open. But when it happened all I thought of was my mom never letting me play again. However, while in was getting staples in my head I had a good positive attitude that got me through the pain and time before I got back into it. Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because I want to hear more about yourself and how having a good mindset will help you through tough times.