Dear President,

For the most part presidents do not take time to get involved into the fact that animals don’t have rights. It doesn’t make sense how humans have rights which we are in fact animals and yet every other animal does not have rights. Such as the fact that hitting an animal with a car is okay and not punishable. But if someone were to hit a person they would be sentenced to prison.

Over one million animals get hit by a car each day. Over 56 billion animals are killed a year for food. Which is insane people can become vegetarians you will not die without meat. People should have to pay for what they have done, they killed an innocent life. Also the fact that we have a hunting season. Over 200 million are killed each year.

Animals don’t understand what we are doing or why they’re families are being murdered. People say that the animals are overpopulated which makes no sense because we have even more people. Like if you’re going to allow lives to be killed just for the hell of it, we might as well just have a purge. The human race also just keeps growing. And yet people keep saying animals take up too much space but we are the biggest race on planet earth Therefore reinstating the fact that we are the biggest race on earth.

Photo by Tambako the Jaguar

CC BY-SA 4.0 Animal Rights by Destiny is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Profile photo of Ariel
    Ariel 4 months ago

You seem really passionate about animals!! Keep it up! P.S. I’m your secret writing pal 🙂

2. Profile photo of Olivia
    Olivia 10 months ago

save the animals!! excellent writing. 10/10 work

3. Profile photo of Talmadge
    Talmadge 10 months ago

Destiny,
    Humans are omnivores. We eat both plants and animals for our survival. The nutrients, proteins, fats found in meat is necessary to keep our bodies healthy. Eating and cooking meat is how we have evolved and developed our brains overtime (https://goo.gl/Le1Ssf). Additionally, I believe receiving punishment for hitting an animal on the road is completely unnecessary. Although we are classified as animals, we can not be compared to any other animal, as we are a highly evolved and intelligent species. Hitting a dog on the road is completely different than hitting a human.

4. Profile photo of Quan
    Quan 10 months ago

I understand where you are coming from but, you have to understand that hunting is a good way to control a population of a species. For Example, in Michigan a lot of people hunt for deer for there meat and the government allows these people to hunt because if we don’t control the population of deer more people would get injured or die from car crashes incident related to deer. How would you feel if a family member got hit by a deer and got injured ? don’t wanna save every deer now huh ?

5. Profile photo of Mary
    Mary 10 months ago

You make some valid points in your letter, and I agree for the most part of what you said. Animals are treated unfairly to what rights they have in comparison to ours. So many people hunt animals for fun and call it a sport and that is no way fair for the animals.v

6. Profile photo of Arwen
    Arwen 10 months ago

I agree why not punish someone for hitting an animal but punish someone for hitting a person both have a life and animals are treated horribly why hunt for innocent creatures cause if you hit or shoot or just kill an animal you just killed a human being after all we are animals too,????❤️?