Dazzling. When the word dazzling comes into mind I think of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France. At night, the Eiffel Tower lights up with a bunch of beautiful lights and it has this beauty to it. It can also mean pretty, bright lights or something that seems so extravagant that is leaves you starstruck.

A time that I thought something was so dazzling was a ring that my grandparents gave to me for my fifteenth birthday. I was in awe-struck of it. The ring was gold, with a pearl ringed at the top with silver diamond encrusting the sides holding the pearl in it’s place. The ring was so extravagant that I fell in love with it and have kept it in a safe place, only wearing the ring on special occasions due to the meaning behind it. I treasure the ring so greatly more than anything that I have.

Shouldn’t we write about a word  that we don’t use regularly but a word that we can enjoy saying and use for special occasions? I use the word when I am impressed with such a beauty that I think is so striking. There are many words that I can use to describe to a similar word to dazzling, but i feel as if dazzling is such an interesting word to use. When thinking of the word dazzling people may think of jewelry, red carpets, lights, events, color and so many other things.

Dazzling. I learned that a word doesn’t have to have one correct definition and meaning to everyone, it can be different for everyone. When the word dazzling comes to your head you could be thinking something comply different than what I think of and it’s okay. What comes to your mind when you think of the word dazzling?

CC BY-SA 4.0 The Lights that Dazzle by Daniela is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.