Dear President,

Why can’t school start later? Sleep is a major issue for students.

Studies show that getting more sleep leads to better grades. It also shows that it reduces stress and anxiety, which will cloud up students thought and judgment. Studies also show that our brains do not function as well right after we wake up.

Is it because of teachers? It would be more convenient for students. Waking up so early is a major hassle for families with children. Is is because of the athletic schedule or is it because of the homework that teachers assign for us to do after school?

The teachers need sleep as well and many parents work doesn’t get out as early as school does. It would be more convenient for school and work to be on the same schedule for the sake of parents and sleep.

Evan

Photo by gemsling

CC BY-SA 4.0 Students and Sleep by Evan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.