Dear Mr/Mrs. President of the United States,

I find it heartbreaking to find out that 3/10 women have abortions sometime in their lives in the United States (source: quote from Senator Wendy Davis, 2016) , and even more disheartening that nearly 50% of all pregnancies are undesired (source: Guttmacher Institute, https://www.guttmacher.org/fact-sheet/unintended-pregnancy-united-states). The way I see it, a life is a life. Just because you made a mistake, slept with someone, and got pregnant doesn’t mean that you should be allowed to take away the choice of an innocent child just because you made a regrettable choice and made that child. The same goes for rape or incest: you shouldn’t take away the child’s opportunity for choices in life simply because a rapist made a poor choice of their own. Put the child up for adoption if you don’t desire. In the end, these stats could be ended if people just owned up to people’s mistakes. I implore you to please look into the rights of the children, and help them survive.

Cheers,baby

-Z

CC BY-SA 4.0 For the next POTUS: Abortion by Zachary is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.