Have you ever thought you could not do something or just wanted to quit trying? There are times when I feel this way and stress out about getting everything done. Although I sometimes feel like this, I personally remind myself in the power of believing. I want to fulfill my goals and dreams and know that if I have faith in myself I can accomplish anything. For example, I went wakeboarding behind my neighbor’s boat and was not sure if I could make it outside of the wake. The waves were considerably bigger than the waves behind my Grandma’s boat. At first, I did not think I could not go out of the wake, but then I decided to go for it! I ended up accomplishing my goal but then could not return back inside of the wake. Soon after, I made another attempt to go out and back in and succeed. If you just simply believe in yourself, then you can accomplish anything you put your mind to.

Not only do we have to believe in ourselves, but also the people around you. If people in the world want to accomplish a goal, then they must work together as a team. In order to make a perfect team, many individuals must believe in similar concepts. I believe that others should be treated with respect and fairness. Individuals come from different backgrounds, cultures, and financial situation, but that should not matter. Everyone deserves the same rights and everyone should be treated fairly. The people in the United States are working together to ensure equality for all of its citizens. If people continue to trust each other then hopefully one day everyone will be guaranteed the same rights. Believing in yourself and in others is a work in progress.  

CC BY-SA 4.0 Do Not Give Up by Lauren is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.