In the case of sustainable energy production, there have begun to be more movements made by companies and consumers to encourage renewable energy sources. One of the first examples of this being worked on today is the project of offshore wind farms. The first of these was put off of the shore of Rhode Island and is able to produce 30 megawatts of energy. Another example of this push towards sustainable energy can be seen here in Utah in the form of Rocky Mountain Power. They encourage people to install solar panels, by reimbursing them for any leftover energy produced by their solar panels. While we are still just beginning, this is a good step in the right direction for a world based on renewable energy.

Sources:

http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/index/tech.html

http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/articles/2016/09/us-plans-for-86-gw-of-offshore-wind.html

https://www.rockymountainpower.net/env/nmcg/usip.html

CC BY-SA 4.0 Renewable Energy by Ellie is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Tomas 11 months ago

Dear Ellie:
    I am interested by your post called “Renewable Energy” because I personally think that we should start looking for a different way to make energy, and what better way than to advance in technology and use solar panels and other resources available?
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “They encourage people to install solar panels, by reimbursing them for any leftover energy produced by their solar panels.” I think this is a great idea because if the sunlight is free, then what other resource do we really need? Solar panels are the next step to a more economic way to have electricity.
    Another sentence that I find very powerful is “we are still just beginning, this is a good step in the right direction for a world based on renewable energy.” This stood out for me because this shows how we are progressing in this world in a good way, because if we can become more sophisticated, then we can change our way of living and making humankind’s life easier.
    Your image reminds me of something that happened to me. One time when I was in 10th grade we read a book called “Animal Farm” and I did not know what a windmill was. I read the whole book without knowing what a windmill was, then I searched it up and the exact same picture you have showed up.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next because topics that show how it will make our lives easier and happier make me want to read and find out more about it.

2. Benji 11 months ago

Dear Ellie,
    I agree with you when you said “They encourage people to install solar panels” because it’s a way of not using up valuable resources without harming the environment.But the issue is that not everyone can afford to install solar panels, so I’m curious about how solar panel installation can be more affordable ?