Sin is a word of judgement and failure. Sin is defined as “an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law” according to AllAboutArticles. Life is all about mistakes, humans make mistakes, it’s inevitable. Mistakes happen because we are careless and sometimes get distracted. In life we step over the line and change our lives, and the lives of others. But, unlike a mistake sin is intentional and a choice. Sin and mistake are an outcome of our behavior, which is overall an idea of our society as a whole.

Photo by dusk-photography

CC BY-SA 4.0 Is Mistake Considered a Sin? by Kathleen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Tomas 11 months ago

Dear Kathleen :
    I am surprised with your post, “Is mistake considered a sin?” because it is a topic that caught my attention, it is very debatable but a very important topic.
    One sentence you wrote that stands out for me is: “Life is all about mistakes, humans make mistakes, it’s inevitable. Mistakes happen because we are careless and sometimes get distracted.” I think this is true because if you do not make any mistakes then we are not humans, everyone make mistakes even the greats, if you do not mistakes then you do not reach success.
    Another sentence that I really liked was: “ In life we step over the line and change our lives, and the lives of others. But, unlike a mistake sin is intentional and a choice.” This stood out for me because it is completely true, sometimes we don’t even mean to make mistakes things just accidentally happen.
    Your image reminds me of something that happened to me. One time i was trying to get a cup of the counter and then i turned around and i accidently broke a mug, I do not think that is considered a sin, I still said sorry and i got my cousin a new mug.
    Thanks for your writing. I look forward to seeing what you write next, because this is a very debatable topic I enjoy debating people, so I will be waiting for another post of yours.

2. Martin 11 months ago

You should ? ? that an accident is a sin. And that people should realize this.