Along with making decisions for college I’ve faced many thoughts and questions on my future living conditions. There’s a huge part of me that would love to stay at home in Salt Lake City. I mostly feel this way because I want to stay close to my friends and family and memories that I’ve made here. The other part of me is so flipin excited to experience something new. There is nothing more exhilarating than meeting new people, experiencing true independence and finding out more about myself as a young adult. When I think of moving to a new state, I think of Portland. Mainly because The University of Portland is my dream college to apply and get accepted to! I went there recently with my family to visit my relatives and I loved everything about it; the weather, people, the awesome blocks filled with food carts, everything. My main question is how would it actually feel to  live in Portland? How much would it cost? Where in Portland would be best for me etc.

Living in a normal priced neighborhood costs 1,440 a month, which is more expensive than Utah. Food and living expenses are also a higher priced but it makes up for the 9.25$ minimum wage. If I were to live anywhere in Portland after college, I would look in Vancouver because houes start cheaper and it feels more like home!

I would keep writing  but I ran out of time. 🙂

CC BY-SA 4.0 Would Portland be fit for me? by Marren is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

1. Heidi 11 months ago

fyi, portland has a sloth sanctuary. i think its important to know that while you are making your decision.
    http://www.chasing-tail.com